Thursday, July 26, 2012

Early Thoughts on 6th Edition

So far I've only had a handful of small games of 6th, but thus far I love what I've seen! Snap fire and overwatch lend a great cinematic feel to the battle and prevent you from feeling as helpless when you get charged.  Vehicles are MUCH easier to effectively destroy, which is great when I want to kill tanks but sucks for my precious dreadnought buddies.  One of my favorite things are the changes to monstrous creatures.  The smash special rule and hammer of wrath make all of my Tyranids MCs instantly better and more effective against vehicles.  I have got to try out a winged hive tryant as well against my friend playing Space Wolves, and there was nothing like seeing my tyrant swoop across the battlefield, get shot by snap fire by the whole enemy army until he finally crashed from the sky! Awesome stuff. Can't wait to get my first game against the new Necron codex in this weekend as my buddy Alan is vising and we are trying out the new rules for the first time- should be interesting! But seriously, no complaints about 6th from me, overall a great refresher after 4 years of 5th Edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment